Pages

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

OK, I GET IT . . .

Photobucket

. . . It's a DEMO!

Sheeeeeeeeeeeesh! I can't even see the HAIR!

Hey, I found a new charity that I like. It has nothing to do with Second Life. It's Kiva ("Loans That Change Lives") and the banner is on the right side of this page. You loan money to entrepreneurs in third-world countries and supposedly you'll eventually get it back. Since I opted for the poor-person's loan of a mere 25 bucks, I really don't care if I get it back or not. But if I do, I'll loan it to someone else. You can browse through the list of business owners and pick which one gets your loan.

I picked African pub owner Kwasi Agyei. YES, I picked a pub. I don't care if you think it's juvenile. He's standing by a cooler of Guinness in his picture! How could I pass him up?

Apparently the organization just added American entrepreneurs to the list of people who need loans, and believe you me, that decision is causing a HUBBUB over on Kiva's Facebook page discussion board.

I am a blogger AND a global financier.

(Totally putting "global financier" on my resume too.)

That is all.

3 comments:

Milla Michinaga said...

Thanks for the Kiva tip - I love the idea! I've signed up and can now join the "international financier group" ;)

Emerald Wynn said...

YAY, Milla! *global financier hi5!*

<3

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.